Sunday, July 24, 2011

Speed Adventuring, days 1 and 2

Day 1

Flew out of home airport to Houston.  So excited this morning I was just dancin' by time my ride came.  The flight was long but good.  The airplane was only about 1/3 full.  I had enough layover time in Houston to have lunch/dinner and get to my gate which involved riding a sky tram.  Way cool!  I arrived in Boston at about 11:30 p.m.   Nephew was nearby to pick me up and when we got home J was packing away!

Day 2

Long busy day.   J and I went for morning coffee, errands, and a pre-trip grocery run while S started packing the office.   Then we had lunch at Kelly's, roast beef sandwiches and salads all the way around.  S drove us to the North End and we went to the New England Aquarium.  It was busy but we still enjoyed the exhibits.  We went to the top of the big aquarium for the afternoon feeding time.   So cool to see a massive 540+lb sea turtle going after romaine lettuce!  We decided we were hungry enough for an early dinner and went to one of J's favorite Italian restaurants.

After dinner we came home and packed and packed and packed and packed!  I stayed out of the way finishing up the kitchen packing.  S. got after the technology, and big things that could be disassembled.  J. was a busy whirlwind of packing in the office and living room and looking after one last pre-trip load of laundry.  

Just as J. predicted I was starving hungry at about 9:30 p.m.   I had a snack, packed some more, and we're now finally getting ourselves to bed. 

1 comment:

  1. This was fun to read! Thanks to for your text updates and photos!

    ReplyDelete