Thursday, August 2, 2012

It's cool!

Or maybe, It's a cooler.  I had my a/c furnace mechanism replaced this week.  After only two days I can already tell that the house gets cool faster, stays cooler, and the unit cycles on for shorter amounts of time and is off for longer amounts of time.  A small part that I think is having a big result is the re-sealing of all the vents.  I'm no longer cooling the attic crawl space.   One technician crawled up into the attic and pronounced the duct work sealed but improperly hung, whatever that means.  It's not an urgent thing to fix and in his experience is very expensive.  It can stay as is.

Old, new, and new!






2 comments:

  1. Woo-hoo! There have been very few days since we've been here that I've wished for AC. We'll see how that goes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hopefully you won't need much of it but where I live it's a must-have. Still being East Bay you might think about a window unit at some point....when the mess of moving is over.

    ReplyDelete