Friday, April 27, 2012

K/C Blog Week Day 5


I'm not up to doing anything fancy or creative with my blog this month or this week so I'm happily taking the "wild card" topic.  If you're curious about today's topic head on over to Eskimimi's site.

Craft Your Perfect Day
Plan your fantasy day with your craft, It might just take up one hour of your day or be the entire focus of the day, but tell your readers where you'd love to craft, whether you'd craft alone or with friends, knitting or crocheting something simple or spending a day learning new skills.


I have two versions of a perfect day.  The first is easy and I do get to do this at least once a month:

Sleep in.  Make a superb pot of coffee.  Choose a movie or t.v. show to watch.  Set a cup of coffee next to my chair, pick up my current knitting project and happily sip coffee and knit until I'm hungry.  Then, fix breakfast, eat, go back to knitting, t.v., movie, or audiobook.  At some point I've had enough coffee, enough knitting for the time being, and enough entertainment.  Lovely way to spend a good part of a Saturday.

The 2nd version is possible but has not happened.  I would love to go on a knitting retreat with 6-10 of my online loom knitting buddies.  Included would definitely be my sis-in-heart.  We could be at the mountains or near the ocean.  The weekend should include a stop at a fabulous yarn shop.  Places to go for walks when we need to take breaks from knitting would be good, too.    It could be fun to work on the same pattern but probably more relaxing to knit a project of our own choosing.   Each retreater could show and tell about some different looms they like to use, yarns they like, books and patterns that interest them, and maybe a new technique they've learned, or seek help with a problem technique.  Our retreat should be somewhere accessible and have fabulous nearby eateries.  Just for fun I'm imagining a bed and breakfast type of place where we'd have our own or shared rooms and the common areas for knitting and chatting. 

No comments:

Post a Comment