Thursday, April 26, 2012

Knit/Crochet Blog Week Day 4



A Knitter or Crocheter For All Seasons?
As spring is in the air in the northern hemisphere and those in the southern hemisphere start setting their sights for the arrival of winter, a lot of crocheters and knitters find that their crafting changes along with their wardrobe. Have a look through your finished projects and explain the seasonality of your craft to your readers. Do you make warm woolens the whole year through in preparation for the colder months, or do you live somewhere that never feels the chill and so invest your time in beautiful home wares and delicate lace items. How does your local seasonal weather affect your craft?


Aside from the heat of summer during most of the year I knit what strikes my fancy.  Summer's warm temperatures are better suited, to me, for hats and fingerless mitts rather than shawls, blankets, and scarves.   I do find myself attracted to different colors at different times of the year.  I hadn't really considered my seasonal preference for color in my first post of the week.  It's there now that I stopped and looked at some projects again.  Mostly I am more driven by what I want to make for others than I am driven by season.   Sometimes an interesting yarn or pattern will catch my eye and cause me to swerve from ongoing plans but that's part of the joy of a hobby that you can create what you want when you want.

No comments:

Post a Comment