Saturday, April 28, 2012

K/C Blog Week, Day 6 Skill Set.


How far down the road to learning your craft do you believe yourself to be? Are you comfortable with what you know or are you always striving to learn new skills and add to your knowledge base? Take a look at a few knitting or crochet books and have a look at some of the skills mentioned in the patterns. Can you start your amigurumi pieces with a magic circle, have you ever tried double knitting, how’s your intarsia? If you are feeling brave, make a list of some of the skills which you have not yet tried but would like to have a go at, and perhaps even set yourself a deadline of when you’d like to have tried them by.

I don't have a list of loom knitting skills that I want to master.  I have a few things I'm not interesting in doing like cables, socks, and toys.  They don't draw my interest.

I have progressed from hats and scarves with simple patterns to hats and scarves with interesting patterns.  I have knit some lace and learned to do short rows.  I am more confident that when I see something I want to try I'll be able to do it.   I can still get frustrated.  Sometimes I don't understand the construction of a piece and would like to.  Other times it's not me, it's the pattern that's not written very well.   Sometimes a designer assumes we all know what she knows and, well, that's not true.

All in all I think I'm solidly intermediate in my loom knitting skills.

No comments:

Post a Comment