Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Ready to start the temperature scarf.

I "caked" all my yarns, reviewed my temperature ranges, and decided on the order of the colors.



I also found a knitting loom to work with and decided on a stitch pattern.  I'm going to use a two row garter stitch eyelet so that there some texture interest to go with the color.

I'm using Weather Underground's temperature archive and have the first three months written out with temperature/day and color to use.   January was so balmy that I'll be starting right in with a spring green instead of the blue colors I chose for winter temperatures.  I hope in December to see a little cold weather show up.   There is one day in early February that uses the darker of the blue colors for a high of 53F.  

Ready to start!

No comments:

Post a Comment