Friday, September 23, 2011

An Author I Enjoy

I'm about halfway through my 2nd novel by Don Brown.  The first was The Malacca Conspiracy.   I'm now thoroughly enjoying Thunder in the Morning Calm.  I currently have a naval commander, a retired Marine, and a retired South Korean officer making landfall in North Korea after having intentionally ditched an airplane in the sea of Japan, evaded capture by a North Korean naval vessel, and survived a near drowning of one of three.  They are on a mission to substantiate rumors of elderly POWs from the Korean War still being held prisoner by the North.  If they find them they intend to rescue them.

At the same time the story of the prisoners is told and of the commander's family.  Throughout both books characters confront challenges to their faith or lack thereof and their relationship with their God.  It's not done in an "in your face" way but as a natural part of the storyline.

I highly recommend this author for a good read!

No comments:

Post a Comment