Friday, September 16, 2011

Containment

The wildfires in our area are reaching containment.  The biggest is reported to be 95% contained.  You can almost see the surrounding mountains clearly and the air quality was in the "moderate" range rather than the "unhealthful" range.

I'm also relieved that we haven't cracked 100 degrees once this week.  And, candy corn showed up at the grocery store.  Autumn is scheduled to arrive!

Good for me news this week is that I can and did get a pneumonia shot.  Guidelines have changed in the last few months to include people with asthma in the group recommended to get the vaccine.  Otherwise I would have had to wait until 65.  Whew.

I have to say, though, that this vaccination was not a piece of cake for me as the flu shots have been.  I've been extra tired with muscle and joint aches and it's all pretty normal.  My body is working hard to produce anti-bodies.   This is a good thing and an excellent reason to stay home and knit. 

I finally uploaded photos.  This is from the storm that generated all the lightening strikes that started the local fires and fire complexes.   I like how the dragon fly buzzed into the shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment