Sunday, October 20, 2013

Not reading a novel?

I ran across this book when it was free for a day for the Kindle.  I'd seen it and put it on my wishlist and a couple months later, there it was.   It's Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World That Can't Stop Talking by Susan Cain.   It's a wonderfully informative book that talks about introverts and extroverts, how we came to value extroversion as a society, and the strengths that introverts offer.   I'm enjoying it so far. 

My new knitting project should be a quicker knit than the baby blanket.  I'm entering stash into Ravelry's database so I have a record of what I have and came across a lovely yarn that I must have picked up on clearance or it was given to me.  It's Jo Sharp Silkroad Aran for those who love yarns to go look up over at Rav.   This lovely cream colored yarn is knitting up nicely.

The pattern is Poppy Neckerchief by Renee Van Hoy.  Another loom knitter made one in white that I loved so it was an easy choice to use the cream colored yarn for this project.


No comments:

Post a Comment