Wednesday, October 9, 2013

The Saga of the Screenings Continues

I finally got brave enough to count how many screenings I've done.   45.   That was yesterday and didn't include 6 students with consents pending or the 4 referrals I received today.  

The real progress is that I've made decisions about every student screening.  I have two groups that I will start in intervention groups next week.   They are the kids with speech sound patterns that make them difficult to understand and kids whose language difficulties (not as English Language Learners) make it hard for them to learn and progress academically.   I also have a third group of students that I just don't have enough information about them to make a good decision.  They'll join a classmate in coming to speech so I can get to know them better.

My next step is to finally call the parents and either hold a phone conference or ask them to come in to review the screening.  Concurrently, the students who will in interventions will have permission slips sent home. 

I need to ask my principal about how to keep the documents.  Do I create a file/student or file them all together.   All together would be a hot mess.   My other question is if this paperwork is considered confidential.  If it is we need to get one of the locking file cabinets that doesn't lock repaired.  I'm running out of drawer space!

No comments:

Post a Comment