I forgot that I don't have a hammer at work (I used to!) so I couldn't assemble my new shelf. Will take a hammer with me tomorrow.
What was really hard today was not starting a classroom of children and being with them all day. I missed the classroom and the children more than I can say. I felt lonely and lost most of the day. I don't start picking up kids for group until next week which is fine but I sure didn't know what to do with myself. It was a good thing that there is so much to organize and unpack. I did my best to keep busy and did pretty well.
I found and made copies of IEPs in four more files. I need to go over to the SS Office and make copies of the ones I took over on Friday so I can have my files back. I brought my two hampers in for toy storage and opened up both boxes of stuffed animals. I chose a nice assortment for the main office/classroom and need to do the same for the preschool office area. There will be leftover animals to store somewhere.
At the beginning of the day I was able to help straighten out an unexpected snafu. None of the kids who left my classroom were correctly assigned to their K classes. They were all assigned to the special day class! I talked to support services and my principal. The secretary re-assigned all of them. It was their files that I located and made copies of for the support service office. Parents are all happy and I felt useful.
The lists are making me crazy so I'm making a fresh one.
- Finish putting up bulletin boards including moving assistants over a few inches.
- Set up speech therapy shelf/area.
- Talk with admin about list of screenings.
- Start arranging K screenings from summer referrals.
- Discuss set up of groups, re: timing, avoiding core teaching times
- Organize groups for next week. I've been procrastinating because it's going to take a huge chunk of time. Must be done
- Organize my speech area in main classroom/office
- Have duplicate keys made on way home for all locking file cabinets. I'd like a set for each SLP (2), my assistant, and the principal. The last for back up. There were 4 locking file cabinets in the room I've inherited and only one had a key.
- Set up my speech area.
- Continue decluttering main classroom/office.
- Once I know my schedule I need to start scheduling my non-intensive and intervention preschoolers.