I forgot to take photos again, phooey. Thursday will be the next time I'm in the classroom. The morning was a productive one. I'm pretty happy with what I accomplished today.
Here's the list from yesterday with finished items
Unpack classroom library into built in library shelf.
- Take all assessment materials out of file cabinet and boxes and set them up in an orderly manner in one of the big cupboards.
- Get all of the assessment protocols neatly filed and labeled.
- Finish putting up bulletin boards.
- Set up desk.
Get help with laptop updates that require administrative permissions. Seriously annoying. Unpack resource materials into the tall bookshelf.May need to get more magazine display boxes. Currently $4.99/set of 3 at Target. Maybe this should be near the top of the priority so I'll know how many of those things to buy. Hm, should price at Amazon. Cheaper by 10 cents/holder. Ordered. Will be delivered Wednesday.
- Decide how and where to store preschool materials.
- Ask for extra file cabinets to be removed.
- Set up speech therapy shelf/area.
- Talk with admin about list of screenings.
- Start arranging K screenings from summer referrals.
- Discuss set up of groups, re: timing, avoiding core teaching times.
- Attend all meetings. No forgetting.
I solved the laptop problem by giving it back. I have a desktop in my main office/classroom. I don't need the laptop. We don't have wifi so a laptop is pretty much just a pretty thing that can more easily be stolen, in my opinion. Our computer person can reassign it to someone else. I did tell her what updates it needed that couldn't be done by a recipient.
And, I attended a special education staff meeting. We need staff meetings but it's very, very odd that it was scheduled the day before we are officially back on duty. Weird, but done.