Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Getting Ready at Work Day 7

Some boxes actually get emptied.

I forgot to take photos again, phooey.   Thursday will be the next time I'm in the classroom.   The morning was a productive one.  I'm pretty happy with what I accomplished today.

Here's the list from yesterday with finished items crossed out:

  • Unpack classroom library into built in library shelf.   
  • Take all assessment materials out of file cabinet and boxes and set them up in an orderly manner in one of the big cupboards.   
  • Get all of the assessment protocols neatly filed and labeled.
  • Finish putting up bulletin boards.
  • Set up desk.
  • Get help with laptop updates that require administrative permissions.  Seriously annoying.
  • Unpack resource materials into the tall bookshelf.  May need to get more magazine display boxes.   Currently $4.99/set of 3 at Target.   Maybe this should be near the top of the priority so I'll know how many of those things to buy.   Hm, should price at Amazon.  Cheaper by 10 cents/holder.   Ordered.   Will be delivered Wednesday.
  • Decide how and where to store preschool materials.   
  • Ask for extra file cabinets to be removed. 
  • Set up speech therapy shelf/area.   
  • Talk with admin about list of screenings.
  • Start arranging K screenings from summer referrals. 
  • Discuss set up of groups, re: timing, avoiding core teaching times.
  • Attend all meetings.  No forgetting. 
Ok, well, now that I've crossed them out it doesn't look so productive.   I unpacked the file boxes except for the assessments as that is a work in progress.   I unpacked my personal classroom library and am probably the only speech/language pathologist for miles and miles around that has a classroom library.  Yay, me.   I emptied the cupboard that will hold our assessments and assembled 18 of those magazine holder boxes.   I unpacked most of the boxes that have resources that go into the tall bookshelf.    When I finished there were 9 boxes outside the door to be disposed of.   

I solved the laptop problem by giving it back.   I have a desktop in my main office/classroom.  I don't need the laptop.  We don't have wifi so a laptop is pretty much just a pretty thing that can more easily be stolen, in my opinion.   Our computer person can reassign it to someone else.  I did tell her what updates it needed that couldn't be done by a recipient.    

And, I attended a special education staff meeting.    We need staff meetings but it's very, very odd that it was scheduled the day before we are officially back on duty.   Weird, but done.

No comments:

Post a Comment