Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Getting Ready at Work, Day 3

In spite of knowing the carpet would be wet I went to work, mostly to meet with my partner in preschool.   We found the files I needed and I took a few things she didn't want to my speech room.   Since the room was quite humid with wet carpeting I decided to work a bit on my satellite office.   I mostly pushed some furniture around and turned in circles.  I won't be able to really tell how it's working until I get some kids in there.   Time enough.

I had left my speech room open while I worked on the other room with both windows open, too.  It was less humid and mostly bearable so I pushed furniture around in that room, too.   I put a few things in a cupboards but mostly have more to unpack.    I did decide that tomorrow will be loading up the file cabinets.  That will take a lot of boxes out of play and hopefully make it feel less overwhelming.

I might put up some bulletin boards but probably not.  I ordered bordette and still need to get a better feel for what I want up and where.

Here is the room, looking surprisingly neat, as it looked with everything pushed up on one side of the room for the 2nd stage of carpet cleaning.  These are my "before" pictures.  I'll take more when I get things set up.

The back wall where the window is will be the 
office area with file cabinets more orderly 
to the left and a work table to the right.  


 One group work/table area will be set up along the wall under the bee.


Oh, see the goofy looking black chair there on the left?
It's very comfortable.  I assembled it today.  From Costco. 

The second group/table area will be set up next to this
wall shelf and the contents of the shelf will be stored elsewhere.
This is where my assistant will have her groups.


 Sink and storage.  Much unpacking to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment