Monday, August 12, 2013

Getting Ready for Work, Day 6

Wherein I open all the boxes.......

I did get some of the filing done today.   I also opened every box and re-located it to the area of the room where it will be unpacked or stored.   The frenetic looking bulletin board is fixed but I forgot to take any photos today.  

The last overly bright bulletin board paper and trim came down once I got the boxes shuffled about the room and the counter cleared off.    Next will be the dungeon gray fabric bulletin board.   It's just ugly and must come down.

On the agenda for the rest of the week: 
  • Unpack classroom library into built in library shelf.   
  • Take all assessment materials out of file cabinet and boxes and set them up in an orderly manner in one of the big cupboards.   
  • Get all of the assessment protocols neatly filed and labeled.
  • Finish putting up bulletin boards.
  • Set up desk.
  • Get help with laptop updates that require administrative permissions.  Seriously annoying.
  • Unpack resource materials into the tall bookshelf.  May need to get more magazine display boxes.   Currently $4.99/set of 3 at Target.   Maybe this should be near the top of the priority so I'll know how many of those things to buy.   Hm, should price at Amazon.  Cheaper by 10 cents/holder.   Ordered.   Will be delivered Wednesday.
  • Decide how and where to store preschool materials.   
  • Ask for extra file cabinets to be removed. 
  • Set up speech therapy shelf/area.   
  • Talk with admin about list of screenings.
  • Start arranging K screenings from summer referrals. 
  • Discuss set up of groups, re: timing, avoiding core teaching times.
  • Attend all meetings.  No forgetting.
That's all I can think of for now.

Finished a knitting project this weekend.   I turned a cowl pattern into a scarf and love both the pattern and the yarn that I used.    Loved it so much I had to take a photo of myself, lol!



No comments:

Post a Comment