Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Getting Ready at Work, Day 2

I arrived at school and went on the hunt for a Master Key.   For some reason new things and fixes have to be done the week before we come back (and are often in working on our own time) rather than the other 7 weeks of summer.   This year it's re-keying the entire district.  I know, that's a lot of doors, it takes time.  But, we have new door handles, new locks, and 2 master keys.   The locksmiths have to come back and key each lock to a room key as well as the master.  PITA     It's frustrating to have to walk all over the school to find the person who last had the key but we're all doing it so we can all be frustrated together.

When I did get into my room I found that the custodial staff had pushed all the furniture up against one wall of the classroom.   After 28 years in the classroom I know what this means.  My carpets are going to get cleaned.  See rant in the first paragraph.    So, I decided to clean the insides of cupboards since that's not on the summer cleaning list.  I also pulled more bulletin board paper off the walls.   One more chunk to go and a couple of sections of fabric tacked to the wall.  I'm a bit afraid of looking under the fabric.   I don't know if it was the idea of the day or if it's ugly under there. 

Tomorrow will be a bust as the procedure is to haul all the furniture to the other side of the room and clean the carpet strip that was holding all the furniture today.    Phooey.  And I forgot the before photos.  Oh well, it will still be "before" on Thursday when the floors are dry.

No comments:

Post a Comment